Dr Thomas Morstyn
Oxford Martin Associate, Oxford Martin Programme on Integrating Renewable Energy
Dr. Thomas Morstyn is Lecturer in Power Electronics and Smart Grids with the School of Engineering at the University of Edinburgh. He leads the EPSRC project “Blockchain transactions in the electricity industry: beyond tokenised energy”, and he co-leads the EPSRC project “EnergyREV – Market Design for Scaling Up Local Clean Energy Systems”.
He is also an Associate with the Oxford Martin School at the University of Oxford. His research interests include multi-agent control and market design for integrating distributed energy resources into power system operations.
- Accelerating the Energy Revolution with Open-Source Software: now there’s no need to reinvent the wheel
- Gravity-based storage using weights in mine shafts
- March 2020: Onshore wind; electricity from air and fruit waste; decarbonisation of heat; energy storage; and innovating to net zero!
- Integrating P2P Energy Trading With Probabilistic Distribution Locational Marginal Pricin
- Conic Optimization for Electric Vehicle Station Smart Charging With Battery Voltage Constraints
- The case for Bi-directional charging of electric vehicles in low voltage distribution networks
- Designing decentralized markets for distribution system flexibility
- Bilateral contract networks for peer-to-peer energy trading
- Matching markets with contracts for electric vehicle smart charging